The ESP Vision
ESP is an open-source research platform for heterogeneous system-on-chip design that combines a scalable tile-based architecture and a flexible system-level design methodology.
ESP provides three accelerator flows: RTL, high-level synthesis (HLS), machine learning frameworks. All three design flows converge to the ESP automated SoC integration flow that generates the necessary hardware and software interfaces to rapidly enable full-system prototyping on FPGA.
- Accelerator design and integration flows
- SoC design flow
- Mix & match SoC floorplanning GUI
- Automatic SoC generation
- Full-system RTL simulation
- Rapid FPGA prototyping
- Software support
- Linux SMP
- FPGA development boards
For more information check out the documentation section!
See here some of the supported projects, tools and languages:
Agile SoC Development with Open ESP
Paolo Mantovani, Davide Giri, Giuseppe Di Guglielmo, Luca Piccolboni, Joseph Zuckerman, Emilio G. Cota, Michele Petracca, Christian Pilato, Luca P. Carloni
(Invited) IEEE/ACM International Conference On Computer Aided Design (ICCAD), 2020
The Publications page contains the complete list of publications related to ESP.
- Docker image for ESP
- Instructions in the setup guide
- Accelerator design flow in C/C++ with Catapult HLS
- Integration of the NVIDIA Deep Learning Accelerator (NVDLA)
- Fully-automated integration of machine-learning accelerators with hls4ml
Multi-processor support for the RISC-V Ariane cores
Accelerator design flow in SystemC with Catapult HLS